Foodshare

Sunday, April 1, 2012

In The Spotlight: Gerri Evans

Name: Gerri Evans

Occupation: Retired in January 1997 from VNA as a Medical Records Assistant

Role at Foodshare: I began as a volunteer sorting food drive food in the warehouse before joining salvage. I also help in the accounting room at the Annual Walk Against Hunger.

How long have you been with Foodshare? Approximately 14 years

How did you first become involved? It's possible I read an article in the paper about Foodshare shortly after I retired. I wanted to be a part of giving back to the community and I had the time to make this commitment, so I phoned and made arrangements to begin.

Why you support Foodshare: It looks like the need for help will continue. "When Hunger Stops, So Will We" and I will be a part of this continuing effort.

A personal/professional goal: To continue supporting Foodshare's mission. It's good to know my efforts will help close the gap on hunger.

Share something about yourself that few people know: For five years from 2005-2010 I also volunteered in the recreation department at Riverside Healthcare and provided sandwiches for homeless people at the Cathedral of St. Joseph on weekends.

If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? Feed the world.

Where does your inspiration/motivation to volunteer come from? From caring.

What are you most proud of? My family.

No comments:

Post a Comment