Foodshare

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A new member of the team

Name: John Oyola

Your role at Foodshare: SNAP Outreach Coordinator. Provide coordinate, collaborate, and train, volunteers, agencies, and communities on attaining SNAP and other benefits and resources.

How long have you been with Foodshare? Almost 2 months.

Hobbies: Going for long drives, cars/car shows, watching movies, traveling, spending time with friends and family, wellness and recovery activities.

Why I do what I do: I have a professional and personal passion towards bringing about mutual hope, education, self-advocacy, personal responsibility, independence, self- sufficiency, and support to individuals, families, and communities; and in that it’s gifted back to myself.

Most recent accomplishment: Being hired by Foodshare and allowing me to continue to grow, learn, expand and broaden my professional and personal experiences.

A personal/professional goal: Retire and have my own Bodega.

Last read: Magazines.

If you could be, or do, anything else – what would it be? Have/Run my own Bodega.

What one word would you use to describe yourself?   Intense

What are you most proud of?  My 16 plus years in/of recovery

Share something about yourself that few people know: I’m Portuguese, but was raised primarily in the Puerto Rican culture.

If you were a plant (animal) what kind would you be?  A Monkey  Why? They’re smart, cute, cuddly, agile, strong.

What is your favorite movie or book or song? Have too many

What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Mom’s leftovers, soda, water, snacks

If you found out you only had a few months to live, what would you do with the time? Look for inner peace, acceptance, serenity, amends with self and all around me.

If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? Get financially stable, help family, invest with/in or start my own non-profit, retire and buy a Bodega, traveling.

Anne Frank once said that in spite of everything, she believed people were basically good. Do you agree or disagree? Why?    Yes - we all have our reasons/stories for our actions/beliefs based on our worldviews and experiences, and many times it’s a judgment when saying/stating someone is/has good/bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment