Foodshare

Friday, June 15, 2012

Supporting community involvement

Name: Ali Smith

Your role at Foodshare: Community Involvement Administrative Assistant

How long have you been with Foodshare?   5 months

Hobbies: spending time with my niece and nephew, cooking and grilling, working out

Why I do what I do: I’ve always had a passion for working toward ending issues of poverty.  Hunger is one of those issues, so this is just the perfect fit.

A personal/professional goal: To be happy in whatever I do, wherever I am

Last read: Seriously…I’m Kidding, by Ellen Degeneres

What are you most proud of?  My family.  We are all crazy and funny and I wouldn’t be where I am without them.

Something about you that few people know: I have had 8 foot surgeries.  And I’m an adrenaline junkie.

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?  The freezer is stocked with lots of meat and fish, and the fridge always has cheese, veggies, and juice.

If you were a superhero, what would your power be?  Teleportation.  Or flying.  Because traffic and driving takes up too much valuable time.

Anne Frank once said that in spite of everything, she believed people were basically good. Do you agree or disagree? Why? Basically, as a whole, I believe people are good.  There may be bad people out there too.  But just because someone does a bad thing, that doesn’t make them a bad person. 

What others are saying about Ali:  Ali has been taking on the administrative support role for Foodshare’s SNAP Outreach work in the past few months and was especially helpful while the SNAP Outreach Coordinator position was vacant. She has become a passionate advocate for people in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment