Foodshare

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Changes at Foodshare



This has been a challenging couple of weeks at Foodshare.  As our construction project and addition has progressed, employees and volunteers have had to be flexible.  Work stations have moved, sometimes permanently, sometimes temporarily.  New routines get started and then disrupted.  It's noisy and messy and not always ideal for getting work done!

And at the moment, the entrance and reception area have been moved from the usual spot to what used to be a warehouse entrance! 


But the team at Foodshare has come through this with flying colors just like everything else they do.  This e-mail received earlier in the week from one of our staff tells the story best...
 
"Change is difficult for everyone.  Some staff have been able to move into their new work places without disruption, others have had to improvise temporarily as to how they continue their daily routines.  But throughout the move, I have had only help and cooperation from my coworkers.  We do not hesitate to offer our time or a pair of hands to get things done so Foodshare is able to continue doing what we do best – distribute food to our hungry neighbors.  

"Yesterday I found myself in a room filled with chairs and boxes.  I was writing purchase orders using an upside down milk crate as my desk.  A wise woman once said to me, 'Just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s wrong.'  This is an adventure!  
 
"I am very happily settled in my new surroundings.  Thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment