In 2014, a local Hunger Action Team (HAT) member from Vernon asked, "Can a HAT start a Walk Team?"
We had a modest goal of raising $500, which we exceeded, and 8 walkers wearing custom t-shirts participated.
Fast forward to 2015, when four Hunger Action Walk Teams raised nearly $7,000!
The following Hunger Action Teams are participating in this year's Foodshare Walk Against Hunger with a goal of raising nearly $10,000:
- Andover, Columbia, Hebron, Marlborough (ACHM) - Captain Patti Buell
- East Hartford - Captain Julieth Callejas
- East Windsor - Captain Peter Stagon
- Tri-Town (Ellington, Tolland, Vernon) - Captain Michelle Hill
- Wethersfield Captain - Andrew Adil