Foodshare

Friday, May 25, 2012

More on ergonomics

Remember when I noted Foodshare was hosting an ergonomics workshop for our employees?

Yesterday, as I walked through the lobby, I noted that our Receptionist, Arelys, had rearranged her workstation.  She told me that it was because of what she learned in the ergonomics session and that she had been noticing the stress in her shoulders.  I hope the new configuration relieves that stress!

And Office Administrator Joan sent this message to our Wellness Committee, the hosts of the workshop:

"I would like to say thank you for holding a 'lunch & learn' on office ergonomics.  I can honestly say that my work area is a healthier place for me.  I decided to lower my chair and use the keyboard shelf for one week.  I am still adjusting to the chair being lower but I can say the benefit of this has been great for me.  For the past several  months I had been suffering from a lower back pain during my sleep time and especially in the mornings.  Since I lowered my chair, even the very first night of sleep, I have not had any back pain.  THANK YOU.

"I believe that the time you spend on this committee is making a positive difference.  I truly see this committee as a fringe benefit."

No comments:

Post a Comment