Foodshare

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pepperidge Farm supports Foodshare

Yesterday, the folks over at Pepperidge Farm invited me over to speak at their monthly diversity luncheon.  They were interested in learning more about Foodshare and how the company and its employees could support our work to end hunger.

In preparing for my comments, I checked into what Pepperidge Farm has already done to support Foodshare.  As you probably know, the company is a large donor of bread and baked products.  But their employees are already actively involved, having hosted a Hunger 101 program for their team, volunteered at Foodshare's site at the Connecticut Regional Market sorting produce, helping with the Walk Against Hunger, and with Turkey and a Twenty.

In fact, for the last two years, Pepperidge Farm has been recognized in Foodshare's President's Circle as a distinguished volunteer group.

So, when I got there, I certainly felt like I was talking to old friends and maybe even "preaching to the choir."  But I hope I provided them with some new information and perspective on the issue of hunger and how they are making a difference.  And all of us at Foodshare both say "Thank you!" to everyone at Pepperidge Farm and we look forward to working with you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment