Foodshare

Friday, November 2, 2012

Hostess Brands donates bread

Foodshare's Food Sourcing Manager, Ernie Pitti, sent me this message earlier today:

"Earlier this week, Jack Loncrini of Hostess Brands, the makers of Wonder Bread, called to ask if I thought a donation of 1,000 loaves of bread  would help us at all. After I caught my breath, I couldn’t say 'Yes' fast enough.

"And Jack, know as a man of his word, told me we’d have it by the end of the week.  Well, this morning Jack called me again to verify that we would be here to accept their donation and within 2 hours Patrick arrived in the truck a 1,000 loaves of fresh Wonder Bread (see pics).

"Thank you Jack for you most generous donation, to Patrick who drove it all the way here, and to all the other members of the Hostess Brands team who made this possible!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment