Foodshare

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Meet one of our newer staff members

Name:  Miranda Muro

Role at Foodshare: Grants and Program Impact Manager.  I manage Foodshare’s grant funding and work with staff to make sure that we have good systems in place to measure all of the great work we’re doing to solve hunger.


How long have you been with Foodshare?  Just over 8 months.

Hobbies:  Spending time with my family, cooking, reading, and teaching Irish step dancing

Why I do what I do:  As people around the office would say, I love numbers!  And on a more serious note, I do what I do at Foodshare because I believe in our mission. It is completely unacceptable that people don’t have access to their most basic necessities, and I believe that we all have a part to play in making things better.

Most recent accomplishment:  Helping to create Foodshare’s new community garden!

Last read:  The Rosie Project by Graeme C. Simsion. It was a really cute book about a socially awkward scientist (think Sheldon Cooper) trying to find a wife.  

What one word would you use to describe yourself?  Caring.    

Share something about yourself that few people know:   When I was little, I loved to watch cooking shows. And still do!

What is your favorite movie or book or song?  I can’t think of a favorite movie or book or song, but I can think of a favorite quote, from Martin Luther King Jr.  “Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly… I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be.”

If you found out you only had a few months to live, what would you do with the time?  I would spend my time with my family and friends.

Anne Frank once said that in spite of everything, she believed people were basically good. Do you agree or disagree? Why?   I completely agree. I think that we’re all basically good, but our surroundings play a big part in shaping the type of person we grow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment